Passion for civic involvement scholarship
Winchester-Frederick County Democratic Committee
The Winchester Frederick County Democratic Committee is honoring the memory of three civic leaders with a scholarship to a deserving graduating senior.
Criteria for scholarship:
- The applicant must be projected to graduate from a Winchester or Frederick County, Virginia high school, pursuing post-secondary education at a community college, four year college or university, trade or professional training school.
- Civic responsibility must be demonstrated by involvement with civic, charitable or political organizations. Examples could include promoting social and political causes, working on campaigns, assisting in fund raising activities for charitable organizations and participating in other volunteer activities.
- A record of success in academic course work.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers to attest to the student’s potential success at the post-high school level.
- One letter of recommendation from a member of a type of organization referred to in item 2 above, describing the student’s work with that organization.
- The submission of an essay of at least 200 words that will discuss what you have done that you believe had a positive impact on your community.
- The award will be $1000.00.
- Applications must be received by April 1, in order to be considered.
- Selection process: Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. Recipient will be notified of the committees decision and award presented at high school awards assembly.
- Payment will be made to recipients school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines.